Westerner World

Filed under Showcase

Black Panther: Review

Black Panther is one of many movies set inside the Marvel Universe and part of the big story line the whole franchise is leading up to which is Avengers: Infinity War. The Black Panther movie takes place right after the Captain America: Civil War where the once leader of Wakanda died in an explosion at a United Nations meeting.
With the death of the old king in Wakanda there is no one but T’challa, his son, to take the throne. With T’challa taking the throne he has many adversities and challenges throughout the movie.
T’challa deals with the antagonist of the movie which is Killmonger who challenges T’challa for the throne of Wakanda. That is the main problem that T’challa has with Killmonger who is invading the country through the other antagonist Klaw.
Wakanda is an advanced country with many technologies’ that the world has not even discovered also having a metal called vibranium which is the strongest metal in this universe. It is also the metal that Captain America’s shield is made out of and it is also what most of everything in Wakanda is made out of such as the Black Panther’s suit and much other technology’s made inside their country of Wakanda. With these advances that the country has found over the years they are able to make advanced medicine for their people. They would rarely have to use any of these medicines for their people due to the fact that Wakanda is hidden inside of an invisible barrier that hides the whole country and makes it almost impossible to find.
These details added to this movie, are a big part of the movie and are one of many things that make this movie different from any other marvel movie property. From the story, to the action, and the visual and many different effects that where put in to play on this movie are what makes this movie a really good movie. It also fits in to the marvel universe very good and is a real big part of the infinity war story line to the Marvel Cinematic universe.
This movie has a great character base with the main character being T’challa and a great movie villain in Killmonger and multiple very likeable support characters such as Tchalla’s sister Nakia. The chemistry with each character and having unique relationships with different characters such as T’challa and Killmonger who are both from the same village and are not enemies at first but as the movie goes on the tension between these two grow and Killmonger is jealous of T’challa for being the one chosen to be the leader of Wakanda. The initial villain is Klaw who is a gun seller in this movie and has vibranium from Wakanda.
This movie is also taken to Korea to find Klaw and ends in a crazy fight/chase scene in Korea with T’challa and Nakia using their variety of technology such as a remote control car, controlled by Nakia and is invisible. T’challa’s Black Panther suit is also hidden by the same invisible technology which is how most of how the world of Wakanda fits inside this movie.

The movie is focused on the transition of T’challa to the leader of Wakanda. There is two sides to T’challa as leader there is the people who are with T’challa being leader and there are people like Killmonger who do not like T’challa as the leader and are against in the movie but as I said the tension for the problem is slowly built up for the rivalry of T’challa and Killmonger at the end of the movie. The directors slowly show this in the beginning of the movie and Killmonger and T’challa fight scene in a river that really builds up this battle.
This is also hidden by the other antagonist who is Klaw sells many weapons, technologies, and vibranium made and owned by the people of Wakanda. The movie shows as if Klaw is the main villain but hints at the rivalry of T’challa and Killmonger. It also hints at many things in the Marvel Universe. Such as hinting at the fight of Captain America and T’challa and what happened during the union meeting where the original leader of Wakanda (T’challa’s dad) died.
The movie Black Panther is a really good movie with a diverse and important story line, it also has good supporting characters a great build up to the rivalry of T’challa and Killmonger. It is also really built around the extra stuff they have to add such as their advanced technology coming to life with advanced special effects. In the end this is a great movie and is worth the watch whether you watch it in theaters now or wait for it to come out on DVD it is worth it.