Westerner World

Drive for Success

Three LHS golfers having a laugh in between holes.

Hannah Hovrud

Hannah Hovrud

Hannah Hovrud, Staff Writer

Both the boys and girls golf teams plan on making a huge change in the schools golf history this year.

“We’ve done decent this year, but way better than other years in the past so I’ve heard,” freshman Jaden Mcnutt said.

The team has gotten along well and they’re working great together. They’ve helped each other out with what every individual needs work on and have been big on encouraging each other. Most of the teammates have got very close this year.

“Golf has been great so far, we all get along very well so it all works out great with us together,” freshman Jaden Francis said.

Each teammate has their strongest and weakest part of their games. They have done their best on their strongest parts of their games, and strived to improve on their weakest. Each teammate has their different things they need work on, but they have all helped each other get better.
“The strongest part of my game is my drive, and my weakest part of my game is my chipping and putting. I’ve been working on my chipping and putting a lot and my team has been a great help for me trying to improve,” freshman Haeghan Dyer said.

Every player has their reasons for being on the golf team. They have their inspirations and goals. Each teammate has their specific plans on accomplishing something in golf this season.

“Playing with my father and grandfather growing up inspired me to play for school and I plan to play golf with my son in the future like my dad did with me,” Mcnutt said.

Other inspirations the golf players have for them are their favorite professional golf players. They each have their different reasons their favorite gold player is their favorite. Those reasons are what make them want to improve in their golf career to make it to the top.

“My favorite professional golfer is Ricky Fowler because he is one of the most successful golf players I’ve seen, also he’s really cute and reminds me of Justin Bieber,” Dyer said.

There are many high goals and expectations each golf player has for their golf career in the future. Not just for the rest of their high school years, but in college and all the years after that as well. Every golf player on the team is very committed to the sport.

“I plan to better myself a lot in golf in my years of high school so in the future I can hopefully make a college golf team,” Francis said.

Every player on this school’s golf team has a lot of potential. There is a great chance the golf team this year will make history for the school. If each player keeps improving on their game and doing their best, the team will have no problems at all the tournaments this season.