The official student publication since 1918

Westerner World

• Congratulations to Dalton Hopkins for earning a spot in the Junior Olympics

• 44 students advanced to the regional competition for UIL.

• Chess Club placed first in their competition

• LHS Academic Decathalon is currently ranked fourth in Texas

Soakin’ Up Summer Vacation

An ideal summer vacation spot.

An ideal summer vacation spot.

https://www.forbesbooking.com/offers/Summer-Vacation

An ideal summer vacation spot.

Aliyah Rosales, Staff Writer

Dripping in sweat, shivering with goosebumps, or bikini tops and shorts as people flock to sit down on any beach with shades and a drink in hand is just one of the many way to enjoy a summer of fun and relaxation.

Thousands of people out of state or a different country are planning for vacation. Before going somewhere new or different many people research and check out what there is to do at your vacation destination.

Top vacation places include Branson, Missouri, Paris, New York, Rome, Russia, Cancun, Miami, and San Francisco.

Branson, Missouri is one of the most visited places because of all the activities it offers to keep people occupied. A race track, helicopter rides, Dixie Stampede, which dinner is served with a show, zip lining, silver dollar city, acrobats of china, and Ripley’s believe It or Not are just some of the many attractions in the Missouri town.

“When I went to Branson with my family I had nothing but fun because of all the many activities there are,” freshman Devonay Pena said.

Common tourist destinations when people visit New York City are Times Square and Central Park. At night Times Square is lit up with thousands and thousands of lights as people walk or take a taxi to see the sight and sounds of Times Square.

Paris, France has one of the top tourist attractions. The Eiffel Tower was built in 1887 and wasn’t completed until March 1889 and ever since then people have been going to see the architecture.

Some people prefer going to places that are cold or tropical instead. Tropical places include Miami, Florida or Cancun, Mexico.

“For vacation I prefer going to places where there are beaches and it’s warm and tropical,” sophomore Keaira Garcia said.

Other prefer going to places with architectural attractions like museums or buildings. In Rome, Italy many tourists frequent the Colosseum, a large stadium used for gladiatorial games in the age of the Roman Empire. Russia is also a place where people are attracted to the buildings. The St. Basil’s Cathedral dome is known and visited for its colors and its unique structure.

Going on vacation during the summer time can be enjoyable. People get to spend weeks at a time with friends and family. Some people’s favorite part about summer is they get to go and explore new places and spend way more time with family than they ever have been able to.

“My favorite part about the summer time is how much time I get to spend with my family because most of the time we’re at school and our parents are at work; but during the summer, I get to see my parents and my siblings more,” freshman Jazlyn Aguilar said.

Some of the best memories made are those with friends and family on summer vacations through the creation of bonds that last beyond the summer and into the fall and the start of school, the things most students choose to ignore while on vacation.